Throw the guilts away, stop justifying your need to be with your child all the time. Time away from your child is good not just for you, but also for them.
Here are 5 reasons you should be calling the babysitter and walk out the door……
1. You get to miss them, and they miss you, and that is a good thing. It helps bring the appreciation of each other back to the forefront, and interactions become warmer.
2. Children need socialisation. They learn more when time is spent with a variety of people. Let them interact with others and experience new ways of how people think and do things. It helps them form relationships and extend on their own personality and skills. Give others the opportunity to be with your child.
3. Gain a new perspective on home life. It is easier to step back and assess what is going on at home when you are away from it. If you are out walking, talking with friends or enjoying a massage, let your thoughts take you where they want, and it’s amazing what surfaces.
4. Because you deserve it. Regardless of how much you enjoy being a parent, there are times where it really is draining and challenging. You already spend so much time focused on your family, you need to recognise you do work, and you need to balance this with down time. Being a parent is one part of your life. You are also you, and a friend, and a partner, and these are to be nurtured, not forgotten .
5. Happy you = happy family. If we are content in ourselves and relaxed, this will definitely filter through into the family home. The energy you are putting out there will be reflected in the behaviours of those around you. Do things that make you happy so that everyone feels the benefits.
What are you waiting for? Put unselfish you time in your calendar, book your babysitter and leave your kids for a few hours.