I received a scoff the other day when I said we were part of the tourism industry. If only they realised how many families visit Perth, and how babysitting is an important part of their stay.
When travellers from regional areas, interstate, or overseas visit Perth with their family, they really rely on a trustworthy service to care for their children whilst they attend conferences, weddings or social events. Not only are they in a city where they don’t have any support of family or friends, they are also in a different setting, often a different time zone, and sometimes a different country and culture.
These parents are anxious and the children are out of their comfort zone. As a babysitter, it is our role to reassure parents and support children so parents are comfortable enough to leave.
Cherished Cherubs Babysitting Agency has a long-standing relationship with hotels such as Crown, Carlton Ritz, Duxton, The Westin, Parmelia Hotel, Pan Pacific , Fremantle Esplanade, Como the Treasure, Pullman Bunker Bay and many more as the preferred babysitting agency. We have a responsibility to provide a quality service with experienced babysitters to their clients as a reflection of the hotel’s reputation, but also our agency.
There are some universal actions we do to impress families.
- First impressions count and the first thing we do is listen. We hear parent concerns, and how they think their children will react? We address the scenarios and reassure the parent that we will personally match a suitable babysitter.
- The right babysitter is essential for a great experience. When allocating we assess the ages of the children, any health issues and behaviours to consider, if we need to be culturally aware e.g. allocate babysitter from same culture or that speaks the home language.
- Parents receive efficient verbal and written confirmation. Emails are important to gather essential information about the family. Emails also allow parents time to familiarise themselves with the procedure and engage an interpreter if necessary.
- Parents are greeted with a babysitter that is punctual and is ready to engage with the children with a friendly smile.
- The Babysitter arrives with a ‘goodie bag’, which often acts as a distraction when parents are leaving. Children engage in age appropriate activities such as craft, readings and games. Our babysitters are interactive and present. If the children are awake, they are focusing on them. They build rapport and the children feel comfortable and have fun.
- Parents appreciate being able to check in via phone with the babysitter and their children throughout the booking, which allows them the opportunity to relax more and focus on their own time out.
- Parents love returning to happy, settled children and all the toys put away. This in turn affects the impression that is left about their visit to Perth.
Testimonials from Tourists
I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for being a part of Matt & Ashlea’s surprise wedding on Saturday. They had a great day and all their guests got a huge surprise. Everything went to plan, and it couldn’t have been more perfect for them. So thanks again and I hope we get to work together again in the future. – Circle of Love Wedding
Dear Cherished Cherubs, I would like to thank you for helping us out with babysitting services last night in Hillarys Harbour Resort Hotel. Lois, who looked after our 2 young ones was amazing and our children instantly clicked with her. It was a first time experience for me as I usually do not trust other people with my precious ones. Lois’ warm presence made me feel that she is the right person to look after my kids. My kids were equally happy with the experience and asked if she can come to look after them again!! That for sure assures me that they were cared well. I would totally recommend your company to any of my friends. Thank you again! – Inga
Click here to read more testimonials.
If you need a babysitter for any reason, please contact Cherished Cherubs on 0417 927 525 so we can provide a wonderful babysitter for your occasion.