Is it a holiday if you have kids in tow?
At Cherished Cherubs we delight in babysitting at hotels when parents go out for dinner, a show or work function. Sometimes these are local parents enjoying a night at a hotel, and at other times the families are travelling from interstate or overseas.
Many times, I have wondered if a “holiday and kids” should ever be used in the same sentence!!
Holidaying without children, oh picture it….
- minimal luggage,
- real sleep ins,
- late night partying,
- so much more flexibility to change plans,
- the ability to do things like abseiling, fast boats, all sorts of experiences,
- some adult times,
- plus, it’s so much cheaper if family can mind the kids.
But with this, comes guilt for leaving them and enjoying time without them. Feeling like we owe our family for helping, and when out and about; thinking how much the kids would have enjoyed what we were doing. And then there are the times where you just miss them and wondering how they are doing without Mum and Dad being around, because we selfishly abandoned them.
So next week my family are holidaying with my sister’s family, that means WITH kids, 5 of them…
- No sleep ins,
- We must attend the places they will like the most, you know the ones with the little animals, or kids rides and some more interesting and adventurous outings for the older children and DADS!!
- We must take them out in public to eat and aim for the places that have hot chips on their menu.
- It is not one motel unit we must book, its two apartments, hopefully with adjoining doors, and even then, we have to share our room with a little minion.
- We need to know in advance how far, what facilities there are including the toilets, not to mention how to use the toilets that do not look like ours at home, and…
- We need a 12-seater bus, not because of the number of occupants, but by the time we add a pram, spare clothes, first aid kit and all those ‘just in case’ items.
But I know we are going to have an awesome time. We will be in holiday mode, the routines will be out the door, the kids will be occupied, they will be receiving a great cultural education as well as be encouraged to travel, and the smiles and laughter will be worth every cent and grey hair. And hey, if we need a night out, we can always call on a babysitter through the hotel.
If you are holidaying with kids in Perth, Cherished Cherubs Babysitting can give you some time out without the guilts of leaving the children for a long time, so I suggest you give them a call on 0417 927 525 without delay.