You are excited your pregnancy is progressing well, baby is due in a month’s time, your family are coming in a week from interstate to help out, all is going to plan, until…..
Your water’s break and you go into labour earlier than planned. Some quick thinking has to happen.
- Hubby calls the office and tells them he will not be in
- Eldest child is dropped to school
- Second child is dropped to day-care
- A few things are put in a bag and off to the hospital…
You get to the hospital and they say you are progressing well and baby should arrive within a couple of hours, phew it’s going to be all okay.
A couple of hours go by, things have not progressed as far as thought. It is now after midday and there is talk of an epidural. That means more time waiting and organising the right medical professionals to be available.
Time goes on and the reality hits.
- There are no family here to call on.
- The children need collecting from school and day-care soon, which means…
- Hubby will miss the birth of baby number 3!
- This is not the plan…
- NONE of this is going to plan!
So, all these panicked thoughts race through your mind…
- “This is the time to take a chance on a babysitter,”
- “Someone I do not know, a stranger!!”
- “Who has been recommended to me recently?”
- “I really do want hubby with me for the birth of this baby.“
The phone call goes something like…
‘I don’t know if you do short notice, but I am having a baby and my husband is going to miss the birth if I can’t get someone’.
‘We can’t have that, let me get your details, I have someone in mind and will get back to you asap.”
Within minutes all was organised. While hubby is collecting the children from school and day-care your babysitter is on her way to your house to meet them.
Hubby returns to hospital in time to support you and be there for the birth of a healthy baby. A few precious hours together before hubby returns home to a peaceful house where excited children are all showered, fed and ready for bed. A very happy outcome and very grateful parents.
This is based on a true story. Who was it that this mum called?
Cherished Cherubs Babysitting in Perth WA – an agency that has over 100 babysitters on their books. More notice is advisable when booking, however, emergencies happen, and things don’t always go to plan. This is an example of one instance where we moved as quick as possible to ensure a great result. We are all mums in the office, AND we know how important family is.
If you have an emergency or a spontaneous invitation where you need someone immediately to watch the children, please click on the website link www.cherishedcherubs.com.au or phone Cherished Cherubs on 0417 927 525, we are only too happy to be of service to you.