In some countries it is commonplace to have a live-in nanny, for other cultures it is frowned upon to pay for a babysitter. In the Australian culture it is commonplace to call on a babysitter (usually a family member) when parents wish to go out. Given the amount of families that do not have extended family available for support, their only option is to pay someone to care for their cherished children. So, what events justify paying for a babysitter?
- Work– Have you ever tried to concentrate on a work project with your children around? It is impossible to maintain a focus and be productive. More often these days, parents have a variety of working arrangements: their home based office or a mix, whatever the arrangement, work related commitments need attention, and the more one can focus, the higher productivity and successful outcomes achieved. Booking a babysitter to cover you when you need to attend a meeting, meet a deadline, finalise a project, etc, will reduce your stress levels and the job gets done.
- Social invitation– Social interactions are a part of keeping our lives in balance. As a parent, keeping in touch with our friends becomes more difficult to spread our time and energy, however our friendships are very important, and you need to find time to nurture your adult relationships. A happier social life means happier parents which means a happier family.
- Making time for a relationship– Whether you already have a partner, or just dating relationships take time and effort, and when children are involved, finding time to spend together becomes more difficult. When you book a babysitter to bring more romance into your relationship is never a waste of time or money. When will your next date be?
- When day care is not available– There are other options when your day care’s policies stop your child from attending for example; when they have a runny nose, recuperating from a recent operation, conjunctivitis, etc, which prevents them from being around other children. You can phone Cherished Cherubs to book a babysitter to help you out.
- To reduce stress– we are living in stressful times and we all experience stress at various levels. Often, we don’t even realise how much stress is affecting our abilities to cope with daily life until we take a step back and experience something different by catching up with a friend, taking time out by going away for the weekend (without the kids) or book a date night. You have many options and Cherished Cherubs will provide you with solutions so you can regroup and catch your breath.
- To attend appointments– Ever noticed how quick it is to do errands without kids compared with kids? Ever wondered how you are going to attend an appointment with the kids, what will they be touching/breaking whilst you are trying to focus? Take the stress out of appointments and get twice as much done in the same time frame when you leave the kids with a babysitter.
- For numerous other reasons– Babysitters can be called on for many other reasons, for weddings, funerals, to spend one on one time with a sibling, to sleep, and the list goes on, don’t restrict yourself to those listed above.
Cherished Cherubs can provide you with all your babysitting solutions, book online at: cherishedcherubs.com.au